TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY AND HUMAN SERVICES CHILDCARE LICENSURE
The mission of Child Care Licensing is to protect children through regulation and education.
- Regulating all child-care operations and child-placing agencies to protect the health, safety, and well-being of children in care.
- Permitting and monitoring operations and agencies for compliance with state licensing standards, rules and laws.
- Investigating complaints alleging violations of minimum standards and reports of abuse or neglect in daycare and residential childcare operations.
- Informing parents and the public about child care, including how specific daycare and residential childcare operations are complying with minimum standards of care.
- Giving child-care providers technical assistance on meeting licensing standards, rules, and laws.
Southside Youth Senter is approved for Childcare License by the Texas Department of Family and Human Services.
CHILD ABUSE/COMPLAINT INFORMATION
A Southside Youth Senter staff member and/or Parent who has cause to believe that a minor child is at risk of or in a state of harm due to abuse, neglect, or exploitation shall immediately report the information to the appropriate investigatory agency. (See contact information below) If the incident is a threat to health or safety, also immediately report the incident to the local law enforcement agency.
It is required to report suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation to the appropriate investigatory agency directly, regardless of the circumstances.
Report Abuse and Neglect
Child Care Licensing Office
925 Lamar, WF, TX 76301
Texas department of family and human services
By Phone: 1-800-252-5400
Online: Texas Abuse Hotline
Abuse Hotline toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, nationwide, or report with our secure website tx.childcaresearch.org and get a response within 24 hours